Experienced Help With Expungements
If you have been charged of a crime in Maryland, you could face many stumbling blocks as you try to get your life back on track. A charge on your record makes it difficult for you to get certain jobs or obtain a loan from the bank. It stays on your permanent record unless you take steps to wipe your record clean.
You need a strong legal advocate with post-trial experience by your side. At The Law Office of Matthew E. Bennett, our lawyers have decades of legal knowledge and experience. We can help you get your criminal record expunged so that you can move forward with your life.
Contact our Silver Spring law firm at 301-587-3942 to speak with us about your situation and to learn more about your options.
Montgomery County Lawyer Helping Individuals Obtain A Sealed Record
You can clear your criminal record for certain felonies and misdemeanors by means of expungement. To have your record sealed in Maryland, you must file a petition that meets one of the following statutory requirements:
- You were acquitted
- The charges were dismissed
- A probation before judgment has been entered
- A nolle prosequi has been entered
- The criminal charge has been marked stet
- A charge of assault has been dismissed pretrial
- The case was transferred to juvenile court
- You have been convicted of only one criminal act that is not a crime of violence and that has been fully pardoned by the governor
Certain criminal acts, such as a DUI or a domestic violence offense, make you ineligible for expungement. Our attorneys will meet with you to discuss your situation to see if expungement is an option for you. We will review your expungement petition with you to make sure that it conforms to the statutory requirements and will not be denied.